Biography & Academic Credentials
- Since 2014 Proventis Partners
- OHB Group
- Airbus Defense & Space
- MTU Aero Engines
- Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen University – Doctorate, Dr.-Ing. (Doctor of Science in Mechanical Engineering), WZL RWTH Aachen, focus on automotive industry
- Dipl.Wirt.-Ing. (Masters-Level Academic Certificate), RWTH Aachen University, finance & controlling
- Dipl.-Ing. Mechanical Engineering (Masters-Level Academic Certificate) at Ruhr University Bochum, main focus on Production Engineering and automation
In addition to the specialist knowledge required both in top management and for implementing M&A projects, creativity, consistency and integrity are crucial, too – of this, Dr. Axel Deich is convinced. On this basis, the necessary abilities and functions of a project on the customer and consultant side can be combined in an optimum way. In most cases, supposed deadlock situations can be solved with experience and creativity. Axel Deich has profound experience as a top executive in a number of high-tech branches. He has frequently developed and implemented international growth strategies, but also led companies in difficult situations back to profitability. Axel Deich has often accompanied projects in the post-merger integration phase, too, and already knows in the early stages of a project what needs to be taken into account for the takeover to run smoothly. Axel Deich has initiated or directed various fusions, split-offs, MBOs, strategic acquisitions or joint ventures. He has been working as an associated partner at the Proventis Partner Munich office since spring 2014.
Axel Deich sometimes has to be creative when it comes to his hobby, too, particularly when acquiring spare parts for his vintage car. He does a lot of sports with his family and during the times with his family strikes an important balance to work.
Axel Deich (born 1956) has extensive experience with OEMs and suppliers in the aerospace industry, but also in the automotive sector. Amongst other things as an executive manager, he ran an mtu Aero Engines subsidiary, was a member of the divisional management at EADS Astrium and was the CEO at Oerlikon Space and RUAG Space in Switzerland.
- Creation of a JV on surface technology between 2 European based aerospace companies
- Oerlikon – Purchase of a mechatronics business from Safran
- Carve-out, restructuring and sale of an industrial plant for aero engine components to a medium sized company
- Carve out and sale of an industrial Composite business to a German midsized group