Biography & Academic Credentials
- Since August 2018 – Proventis Partners
- Nordex SE
- PwC Transaction Services
- Joop! Womenswear
- Accenture Strategy Group
- Dipl.-Ing. (TU) Darmstadt, University of Florida (USA)
- Business Administration Specialist – Controlling (IWW)
„The understanding of the initial situation as well as the strategic goals of all stakeholders are crucial factors when it comes to successful M&A transactions. A medium-sized, family-owned business, by nature, operates completely different than a publicly-listed international group.
I feel fortunate to have gained experiences in both areas – SME and large caps; as manager in the industry as well as a strategy- and M&A-consultant.”
Prior to Proventis Partners, Pierre Schneider served as VP and member of the Executive Committee for Nordex, a German TecDAX-listed, globally leading wind turbine manufacturer. As Head of Corporate Development, Strategy and M&A he successfully lead numerous M&A projects, including the highly confidential acquisition of competitor Acciona Windpower for EUR 785 million in 2015/16. He was awarded the Diamond Award for “Transaction of the Year” in EMEA and the Emerald Award for “Strategic Corporation of the Year” by the M&A Advisor in 2016.
As a manager and authorized signatory with PwC Transaction Services, Pierre specialized in commercial due diligence projects with a focus on buy-side transactions mainly for PE investors in the range between EUR 50 to 500 million, as well as sell-side mandates.
Previously, he worked in the fashion industry (premium segment) for several years. Most recently, he served as CFO for a fully-integrated fashion start-up. Noteworthy is his key role in the acquisition and subsequent expansion of the global license for JOOP! Womenswear.
Pierre started his career with Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) and worked on numerous strategy consulting projects in the communication, technology, healthcare and energy/utilities sector.
Pierre Schneider joined Proventis Partners team in August 2018 and operates from Hamburg and Munich offices.
Selected Transactions and Projects before Proventis
- Corporate Merger/Acquisition of Acciona Windpower by Nordex SE with subsequent refinancing
- Joint Venture with a leading utilities company (State-Owned Enterprise) in China
- Various Corporate Merger projects a.o. with renewable energy division of a leading European industrial corporation
- Acquisition of the Engineering Service Provider Windrad Engineering by Nordex
- Restructuring of Nordex, Implementation of a PMO (Project Management Office) to monitor and steer 100+ Strategic Initiatives